24.17. Adjustment of light of headlights
Exact adjustment is possible only by means of the special device.
At adjustment of light of headlights antifog headlights are regulated also.
Fig. 18–37. An arrangement of screws of adjustment of light of headlights in vertical (1) and horizontal (2) planes
For adjustment of light of headlights screws access to which is possible through apertures in the top part of a headlight (fig. 18–37) are used.
The external screw is intended for adjustment of light of headlights in a vertical plane, the internal screw – for adjustment in a horizontal plane.
At adjustment of light of headlights following conditions should be satisfied:
– Pressure in tyres the normal;
– The car in the equipped condition: with completely filled fuel tank, the complete set of the tool and a spare wheel;
– The car is established on an equal horizontal platform;
– Before adjustment it is necessary to shake a car body that all elements of a suspension bracket have risen on the places;
– The proof-reader of light of headlights is established in position 0;
– The passing light of headlights is regulated only.